TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Specialty Team Lead - Tower Surgery - FT Days
This position will be asked to lead our Urology/Kidney Transplant and Oral-Maxillofacial Services Lines and act as relief Board Runner.
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! Centennial Medical Center Tower Surgical Services
Centennial Medical Center's Medical Tower has long been a leader in acute adult medical care. With more than 20 Operating Rooms, Advanced Medical Imaging and Diagnostics including Inpatient Endoscopy, and units specific to caring for medical ailments and surgical care, the Medical Tower at Centennial offers a full range of services including Ortho, Neuro, General, Vascular, Kidney Transplant, Urology and Oncology Thoracic and GI cases. The use of the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System takes minimally invasive techniques into a new era, further minimizing the physical and emotional impact of surgery on patients. The neurosciences program at TriStar Centennial offers multi-disciplinary diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of brain, spine and nervous system disorders, and Centennial is pleased to announce that we have earned Stroke Accreditation from the Joint Commission as a Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Centennial provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of patients who need orthopaedic or spinal conditions, and with the recent expansion of our Orthopedic unit and the opening of the new state-of-the-art Neurosurgical ICU, Centennial is staged to become a leader in orthopedic care and recovery. Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients served.
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, ICARE values and Patient Promise
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- RN licensure in good standing by TN Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state
- Communication and Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with internal and external customers
- BLS required, ACLS/PALS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience and 1yr leadership experience preferred - if hired w/out Bachelor's Degree, encouraged to be actively pursuing degree
- Certification within area of expertise w/in 3 years of role acceptance
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N
Air Force AFSC - 46NX and 46SX