Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Specification Sales Manager - Lighting Systems Solutions to be based in a home office in San Francisco, CA.
This role will be responsible for the attainment of Division and Corporate goals for specification growth and management of relationships for assigned product lines. The responsibilities of this position will include driving the specification brand awareness with Architects, Lighting Designers, Engineers, and Design Build Contractors in Houston and surrounding markets. Work with manufacturers’ rep and Eaton counterpart to spec/sell a one-Eaton lighting solution. Work with manufacturers’ rep to surround/close specifications in assigned territory.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
- Work with the ASM to establish realistic goals for the market, consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability.
- Coordinates with manufacturer representative to promote and maintain successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers.
- Analyzes sales levels and trends through market research and initiates pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives.
- Assures that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer.
- Works closely with, develops, and coordinates activities with application service departments within Eaton and agency partners to develop world class specification support.
- Promotes and markets company strategy through customer interaction at industry groups including speaking at conventions and tradeshows.
- Serve as “Voice of the Customer” by making recommendations and supplying feedback to Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure products meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience or in an electrical products industry
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Lighting Control Industry
- Possesses territory knowledge/local to the area
- Basic networking skills
- Demonstrated professional presence, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of market trends, industry issues, and knowledge of competitors.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.