JOB SUMMARYThe Spectrum Direct Sales Director is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Direct Sales Department for the assigned region, helping to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals. Develop and implement sales plans to support Company objectives for optimum market penetrations at rates consistent with short and long term business goals. Responsible for the development, oversight and execution of effective sales strategies and tactics to grow Spectrum’s customer base.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Guide Senior Sales Managers, Sales Managers, and Sales Supervisors in the development of customer and sales strategies.
- Develop sales plans designed to meet or exceed customer growth and revenue projections.
- Communicate overall plan, strategy, and matrix requirements to field personnel; monitor and evaluate results.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Help recruit, interview, hire, train and guide Direct Sales staff, while communicating with sales staff all current market offers.
- Handle territory assignments for residential and MDU Relationship Executives.
- Handle personnel issues, including performance appraisals, coaching, and safety training.
- Help develop Spectrum’s training curriculum and sales strategy.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
EducationBachelor's degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent experienceMBA is preferredRelated Work Experience Number Of YearsSales experience 5Management experience 15CATV experience 5Certifications and/or LicensesValid driver's license, satisfactory driving record within Company required standards and auto insurancePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and KnowledgeKnowledge of cable television products and servicesWORKING CONDITIONSOffice environmentTravel as required
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of direct sales strategies
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.