Spectrum News Rochester is available on channels 9, 14 and 200 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in dozens of towns, villages and cities stretching from Lake Ontario south to the Pennsylvania border. Spectrum News Rochester serves the greater Rochester, Finger Lakes and Genesee Valley area with 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week. The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks news family: Spectrum New channels in Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Rochester and New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. SUMMARY:We offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about broadcast journalism and gain valuable experience in a newsroom environment. The following departments are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS:Candidates for internships MUST:
- Reporting – Shadow reporters in the field, news writing, interviewing and assisting in the production of news stories.
- Photojournalism – Shadow photojournalists in the field, electronic news gathering, lighting and audio and edit on Dalet.
- Producing – Shadow producers, news writing, work with reporters and anchors to determine story form and content, and assemble newscasts.
- Sports – Shadow sports staff, sports writing, monitor and log sports video, videotape editing and edit on Dalet.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and news.
- Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
- Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, specifically journalism, video production or related field is REQUIRED.
: Only applicants who apply online at https://jobs.spectrum.com/will be considered.Charter supports a drug-free environment
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.