The Spectrum Retail Sales Associate shall promote and sell Spectrum products and services with a positive attitude. The Associate will meet or exceed sales goals and customer experience objectives. The Associate must also actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience by effective customer coordination, including the welcome and wait time process.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify opportunities to generate sales by consistently applying the Customer Interaction Process (CIP).
- Deliver product and service solutions by providing education and support on Spectrum products and services
- Place orders and schedule appointments
- Maintain strong knowledge of all products, pricing plans, promotions and service features for Spectrum, as well as our competitors
- Educate and engage customers through product demonstrations
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Respond to customer issues according to established Company policies
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve customer inquiries
- Accurately enter all required information into the system and complete all necessary paperwork to support sales activities in a manner consistent with quality control guidelines
- Perform customer payment functions consistent with all cash handling policies and procedures
- Process billing adjustments on customer accounts
- Complete all aspects of opening and closing the store in accordance with established procedures
- Receive, issue and track customer equipment and assist with inventory maintenance
- Maintain store appearance and provide a consistently professional and welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to all the Company and Store policies and procedures
- Complete required training and demonstrate associated skills and competencies
- Support team members as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear, straight forward, and professional manner
- Possess a self-motivated, competitive spirit and desire to exceed sales goals
- Carry a positive and professional demeanor
- Detailed oriented and a good problem solver
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and software applications
- Accurately handle payment transactions
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Prioritize, organize effectively and work independently
High School Diploma or equivalent
Related Work Experience
Sales Experience: 1-3 yrs.
Customer Service experience: 1-3 yrs.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of latest technology and devices
Valid driver’s license and ability to meet Spectrum's motor vehicle requirements
- Retail environment
- Exposure to moderate noise level
- Work scheduled shift hours and overtime as needed
- Ability to handle a physically demanding job, lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Required to wear a uniform
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.