12-5 M-F and PRN status one weekend each month
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement. TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
is currently looking for an Speech Pathologist - POSITION SUMMARY
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for planning and administering medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive and oral motor disorders. Provides for all aspects of patient care as it relates to Speech Therapy including plan of care, education of patient/family, communication with physicians and documentation of patient care.
- Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital.
- Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality
- Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 - 79 years) Elderly (80 years).
- Counsels, educates and instructs patients and their families regarding their speech-language pathology treatment
- Demonstrates competency in rehabilitation procedures
- Maintains accurate patient records
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Must be Vital Stim certified.
- Current Kentucky Speech/Language Pathologist License
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from Am. Speech/Language and Hearing Association
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Previous experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.