The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for planning and administering medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive and oral motor disorders. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Counsels, educates and instructs patients and their families regarding their speech-language pathology treatment
- Demonstrates competency in rehabilitation procedures
- Maintains accurate patient records
Job qualifications include:
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Must be currently licensed by the state as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Previous experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.