TriStar Horizon Medical Center - Dickson, TN
Celebrating over 50 years of providing quality healthcare to Dickson and the surrounding communities, TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a fully accredited, 157-bed regional medical center. We offer a full array of services including cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency, inpatient rehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics, and women's services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Horizon is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
In May 2015, TriStar Horizon will open TriStar Natchez ER, an 8-bed full service ER located at the TriStar Natchez Medical Park on Highway 46. In addition to the existing 26-bed emergency room at TriStar Horizon, this full service ER will provide year round emergency care as well as imaging services and comprehensive laboratory testing. Horizon
is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist
to work PRN
. **Shifts will be weekend and some week days, high volume and PTO coverage.** Position Summary
- Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing, oral motor disorders, and dysphagia.
- The Speech/Language Pathologist shall be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice in the provision of speech/language pathology services, while providing the highest quality healthcare through caring and compassion, with a vision that is patient oriented, advanced in technology, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- This mission and vision will be insured by the integration of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and through coordination of Case Management and Social Work Departments, and Ancillary Services Departments in the hospital and community.
- Master's Degree with Certificate of Clinical Competence in SLP from an accredited program in speech/language pathology.
- Current registration with the TN State Board of Speech Language Pathologists.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Preferred Certification/Registration: ASHA
Apply Online Today to join this great Rehab Team!
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Video swallowing assessment experience preferred.