About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Rehab Therapy teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 0.8 (32 hours per week), Shift: DAYS with rotating weekends
Internal Posting Period: 07/10/2017 - 07/17/2017
Under general supervision, develops and provides comprehensive speech language pathology programs to patients requiring these services. Programs are directed at enabling patients with disorders of speech, language, cognition, voice, hearing and swallowing to achieve maximum levels of communication and function as related to their physical, mental, and social capabilities following disease or injure.
Re-evaluates and adjusts these programs to meet patients changing needs. Interacts with the interdisciplinary patient care teams for coordinated patient care and participates in and leads performance improvement and department development activities. Precepts speech language pathology students and CFY therapists. Provides advanced in-services to peers.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Completion of an entry level masters curriculum of professional education in speech language pathology, accredited by the American Board of Examiners in Speech Pathology and Audiology and approved by the Speech Language Pathology Board of California or an education considered by the Board to be equivalent.
• Current California License as a Speech language Pathologist by the Speech Language Pathology Board of California or an applicant for licensure.
CuCurrent Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider Course.
Minimum experience required:
• Five (5) year minimum of full-time equivalent or more prior experience.
• Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom