West Florida Healthcare is proud to offer all private rooms to our patients.
Our facility is the area's only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital and was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital. Position Summary:
The Speech Language Pathologist (Speech Therapist / SLP) is responsible for planning and administering medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive and oral motor disorders.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Counsels, educates and instructs patients and their families regarding their speech-language pathology treatment
- Demonstrates competency in rehabilitation procedures
- Maintains accurate patient records
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Must be currently licensed by the state as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom