Speech Language Pathologist, Full Time
Okeechobee, FL Facility Description:
For more than 34 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing our community quality healthcare with a personal touch. Raulerson is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. We are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family.
About the area...
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for five consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for planning and administering medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive and oral motor disorders. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Job qualifications include:
- Counsels, educates and instructs patients and their families regarding their speech-language pathology treatment
- Demonstrates competency in rehabilitation procedures
- Maintains accurate patient records
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Must be currently licensed by the state as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Must have minimum 1 year experience to include all of the following areas: acute care hospital, outpatient Adult and Pediatrics and Video Swallow Studies experience.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom