The incumbent is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatient and outpatient pediatric, adolescent, early adult, young adult, middle adult and geriatric patients at Colleton Medical Center. The speech language pathologist will establish protocols, forms and procedures for all areas, including quality assurance and process improvementQualifications: Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: A certificate of clinical competence in speech pathology is required. Must obtain national and state licensure
- Education: Must hold a M.S. or M.A. in speech pathology.
- Experience: Experience in a hospital or outpatient clinic desirable but not required.
- Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Manager. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Age and Cultural considerations of Patients Served:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom