- Position Summary: This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Speech Pathologist, under the supervision of the manager, evaluates patients; plans, implements, and modifies treatment programs; participates in discharge planning; performs administrative duties; participates in PI; pursues professional growth; and assists with student education. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. Oversees the work of clinical fellows, students and volunteers.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Certificate of Clinical Competence or working toward a Certificate of Clinical Competence. BLS and FIMS certifications required within 6months of hire.
- Education: Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Experience: 1-2 years in an acute care setting.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate with patients using auditory Input and Output.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom