Under the general supervision of the Director and according to professional standards evaluates, plans and executes patient's treatment program. Coordinates with the team, patient and family to develop a goal directed program. Must maintain accurate records of services provided. Provides direction, guidance and training to other professional and non-professional personnel in the execution of patient treatments. Responsible for following departmental procedures, maintaining professional standards and seeking professional growth. Interacts with patients, visitors, physicians and their office staff, and other hospital personnel in a professional manner. Keeps patient information confidential. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains demeanor complementary of medical ethics. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications: Knowledge & Skills
- Assists in adjusting goals throughout the program in conjunction with therapist, and participates in discharge planning.
- Assists in determining progression of exercise program.
- Conducts therapy session in a safe professional manner.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
- Provides patient and family education in appropriate areas.
- Provides direction to those assisting/learning the therapy role; i.e., new employees, students.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the SDGH Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team intra- and interdepartmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities necessary.
- Maintains accurate and legible, records, documenting clinical notes in patient's charts.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St David's Georgetown Hospital. Education
Master's or higher degree in speech language pathology or communication disorders. Experience
Ability to interact with others in a diplomatic and courteous manner on the telephone and in person
Knowledge and experience in Speech Therapy Assessments
Knowledge and experience in Speech Therapy interventions Credentials
Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) Current Texas SLP LicensePreferred:
Current Certification in ASHA
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom