Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Spend Optimization Program Category Lead. This position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ or any other J&J NJ/PA location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Spend Optimization Program Category Lead will lead the Procurement Category related activities for the ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization Program to drive the development of sustainable category cost management and will drive strong collaboration across the sectors and global functions to integrate ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization methodology into the cost management of a wide range of spend categories. The ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization Program Category Manager will lead, provide and implement value-creating business solutions in accordance with Spend Optimization initiatives across the J&J Enterprise and assume responsibility for driving results against specific targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
The Spend Optimization Program Category Lead will play the primary role in:
• Driving the execution of the ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization Program vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
• Providing input to the category vision and strategy and lead the implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver maximum value for J&J
• Understanding long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
• Interfacing directly with strategy owners and business partners to assure the delivery of J&J’s objectives, including quality, reliability, innovation, social impact and cost
• Understanding operational considerations. Identifying business demand requirements and partner within the Procurement/Business community to deliver value, improvements and drive competitive advantage
• Delivering on and being accountable for financial, service, reliability, quality, social impact, innovation and growth commitments
Deliver Spend Optimization Cost Management: (30%)
• Ensure execution of category strategies and Corporate Services specific goals and objectives, aligned with business/sector needs and including sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
• Manage business stakeholder relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
• Drive delivery of Category Level ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization cost management across sectors and global functions
• Collaborate with the sector/ global function CPOs and Leadership to identify enhancements to Spend Optimization category spending based upon business partner feedback
Educate and Support Change Management of the Category Level Cost Management (25%)
• Support socialization and alignment of ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization cost management with key business stakeholders
• Support training to procurement community on use and development of category level commentary
• Support developing global and executive level framing & commentary as appropriate for the ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization cost management
Integrate Spend Optimization into the procurement process (25%)
• Educate procurement leadership and stakeholders on framework to integrate ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization into the procurement process (e.g. Supplier Selection)
• Work with senior leaders around the globe in developing appropriate methodology to integrate Spend Optimization into the spending process.
• Support the development of training tools and templates to support adoption
Capture and Track Value Case (20%)
• Provide executive level reporting on achievement of value case across sectors and global functions
• Highlight issues/ risks to deliver expected savings
• Supports continuous improvement activities
• Assists with training organization in ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization program and process
• Participates in training to increase knowledge & skill
• Ensure policies and procedures are followedQualifications
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a minor in Procurement, Project Management, Supply Chain; Law; Finance/Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
• A CPA, CMA and/or other financial certification is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required
• Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, finance, consulting, legal, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 5 years within a Procurement environment
• Project Management experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of general finance/accounting processes is desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office are required
• Must have strong communication skills who is able to interact with senior management
• Must be a strong influencer, independent thinker and strong planning/prioritization are critical to success.
• Passion for people development and talent management.
• Must be able to work in the New Brunswick location 2 days per week and 3 days per week in any J&J NJ/PA location
• Must be able to travel 25% to NJ and PA J&J offices.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function