Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
In today's digitally connected world, an organization's security program should enable the business as well as protect it from an evolving threat landscape. Traditional security approaches alone are not enough to close the gaps that cybercriminals will try to exploit. Combined with Secureworks technology, our dedicated experts work across all security layers to detect faster, respond smarter, and predict and prevent more threats altogether. Our team's holistic approach to security empowers organizations with the confidence to grow and innovate, knowing they are prepared to outwit adversaries.
A recognized leader in the industry, Secureworks has been exclusively focused on cybersecurity since 1999. Partnering with more than 330 security technologies, we enrich our clients' defenses with intelligence from the 250 billion events we see every day across our 4,400 clients in 55+ countries. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers' polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.Role Overview
In this exciting role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks' security products, integrating Secureworks' Threat Intelligence with log management solutions via APIs and SDKs. You'll join a very seasoned team of Software Engineers, Security Experts, and Data Scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation. The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with an emphasis on building data-driven security applications and user interfaces, as well as integrations that leverage large data sets. In addition to front-end application development, the ideal candidate will have some experience designing APIs, backend systems, and operating at the data layer. This role requires a software developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
Core Responsibilities Include
Required Skills and Experience
- Delivering production software code at a regular 2-week cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Developing new applications and user interfaces that integrate Secureworks' products and services with data residing in log management solutions.
- Leveraging log management SDKs and APIs to develop new and innovative security applications
- Collaborating with security consultants, technology leaders, software engineers and data scientists to develop cutting edge solutions
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of relevant industry software development expertise
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to learn all aspects of development, including those areas outside of your comfort zone
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company)
- Previous cybersecurity background or experience
- 3 or more years of software development expertise developing applications on Splunk or similar solutions that leverage large datasets
- Experience working with other software development languages such as Angular or Go
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud and other common public cloud providers.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions
- Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R24667
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.