Eaton in Sherman, TX is seeking a full-time Spot Welder- Industrial individual to work second shift. Primary responsibilities include spot-welding various sizes of enclosures, ensuring with quality and efficiency.
- Use spot welding equipment, welds appropriate parts together based on specifications.
- Runs samples and checks product quality against prints.
- Adjusts spot welder to properly weld material based on thickness and finish.
- Performs all quality checks, fills out Daily Activity Reports and enters time recording in SAP.
- Changes welding tips as necessary.
- Performs 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Sherman, TX will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Spot-welding experience
- Basic computer skills
- Able to read, interpret blueprints and use simple measuring tools
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.