In June 2014, Brickman and ValleyCrest merged creating a new company with a nationwide presence, a combined $2 billion in revenue and over 22,000 employees. Over the next year, we'll be working to blend our organizations into one powerhouse with a new name and a fresh direction. In the meantime, we have numerous jobs across both organizations giving you even more opportunities to choose from. It also means you will be part of something much bigger and better where you'll work with the best and the brightest to deliver the highest quality landscape services on the most prestigious properties nationwide. Our team members develop long and satisfying careers with us. So join us for an exciting future in the landscape industry where your work is valued, your contributions are recognized and you have unlimited opportunities to learn and grow.
Plant Health Care Technician
We are looking for a motivated, team-oriented professional to work as a Plant Health Care Technician. This is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge of plant I.D., pests and diseases, as well as practical experience in spraying, fertilization and IPM.
You will be applying control measures and fertilization applications to trees and shrubs on our commercial maintenance properties. As a PHC you will scout, diagnose, treat sites and provide feedback to your project director on pest populations, disease stresses and plant health.
Essential Functions include:
- Applying fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions
- Driving company vehicle to customer locations
- Responding on a timely basis to customer requests
- Completing required production forms and customer instructions
- Performing a daily five-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return
- Maintaining vehicle and equipment cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance
- Ability to become a licensed spray operator
- Excellent communication skills, leadership potential and an aptitude to train
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with and serve multiple clients
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and timely
- Dedication to safety
- Proficiency in use of landscape equipment
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish a plus
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob ID
9130 Date posted
A little about us:
Redefining the landscape industry