As the global leader in eye care Alcon has built a rich history of providing innovative products to customers and patients all over the world. We're extremely proud of our legacy and the significant way we've helped to shape the industry over the last 70 years, but we're just getting started. Our relentless passion to eliminate unmet medical needs drives our pursuit to further advance eye health worldwide. We're looking for exceptionally talented, driven people who want to make a difference. If you'd like to help us change the way the world sees, this is your chance.
Our intern and coop assignments are designed to allow you to experience, first-hand, the type of work we do within Alcon. As a coop, you can make an impact on the business as well as continue to build your analytical, technical and leadership skills. Most projects offer the opportunity to work with individuals in a variety of capacities within the area you're assigned and, potentially in other functions. Our spring 2018 coop assignments could be in a variety of functions.
Alcon's 6 month coop program provides real-world work experience to university students. In addition to work assignments and projects, Alcon also provides the students career development and networking opportunities throughout the duration of the program.
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented student who is eager to learn about Human Resources. The HR Co-Op will coordinate and support a variety of processes within HR, with focus on recruitment, employee engagement, and onboarding functions. The work schedule is flexible and ranges between 10-20 hours per week. The ideal candidate is available from January 2018 - December 2018.
The coop will be involved in the following duties:
• Support HR team with a variety of HR processes and tasks
• Understand and conduct recruiting processes for temporary and full-time candidates
• Schedule and complete recruiting activities including resume reviews, phone screening, onsite interviews, etc
• Posts job openings for external and internal applicants through applicant tracking system.
• Schedule and coordinate job interviews for HR team
• Report recruitment activity weekly for open and filled requisitions
• Schedule candidate background checks and pre-employment drug tests. Correspond with applicants
• Assist with organizing and coordinating employee engagement activities. Partner with existing Global Employment Survey team to complete action items and increase communication to employees
• Learn Alcon's benefits plans and serve as a resource on assigned topics to employees
• Assists with new employee orientation (NEO), including Orientation binders, HR IT training, benefits presentations and onboarding activities
• Communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with team members, colleagues and candidates
• Provides administrative support to Human Resources team EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements:
•Current student enrolled in an accredited university
•Ability to commit to a 5-6 month part time spring coop program
•Willingness to learn from others on the job and inside a specific team
•Curiosity to explore different functions and unique roles at Alcon
• Pursuing a BA/BS Applied Psychology, Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications, or business related degree
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
• Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
• Position requires a high attention to detail, action-oriented work ethic, and ability to multi task
• Excellent communication skills, professional demeanour, and interpersonal savvy required to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
• Must demonstrate sensitivity and discretion with regard to confidential information
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Previous work or volunteer experience that demonstrates integrity, commitment, and excellent work ethic preferred
•Prior internship or co-op experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred
•Ability to demonstrate and excel in Quality, Innovation, Performance, Collaboration, Courage and Integrity in a cross-matrix team environment.
Intern application deadline: October 20, 2017.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.