Fire Sprinkler Apprentice
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role:
Sprinkler apprentices assist the foreman/journeymenwith the installation of fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English, carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds and perform work from unusual and sometimes difficult positions, including attics and on scaffolding. Candidate must be able to work from ladders and lifts up to 40 feet or more and adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.Will secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period to prevent damage or loss. Must be able to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer's requirements.
Who we're looking for:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED (will be verified, if selected).
• Submit a completed, signed SimplexGrinnell employment application.
• Possess a valid driver's license (must be provided at time of application, or in the case of an online application, prior to an interview) and a dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted.
• Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.