What you will do:
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. How you will do it:
• Sprinkler apprentices assist the foreman/journeymen with the installation of fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English, carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds and perform work from unusual and sometimes difficult positions, including attics and on scaffolding.
• Candidate must be able to work from ladders and lifts up to 40 feet or more and adhere to all company safety policies and procedures. Will secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period to prevent damage or loss. Must be able to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer's requirements. What we look for:
Who we are:
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted.
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.