Sprinkler Design Technician III
What you will do
Sprinkler Design Technician III Employees engaged in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems. How you will do it
What we look for
- Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
- Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD software packages that are based on the AutoCAD platform; coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components and perform hydraulic calculations.
- Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
- Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew; coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of fire sprinkler design experience
Who we are
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra.
- Proficient in AutoCAD,MSOffice,SprinkCAD,and a hydraulic calculation program.
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout.
- NICET III certification preferred.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.