What you will do
Design Technician II Employees engage in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems. How you will do it
What we look for
- Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD software packages that are based on the AutoCAD platform.
- Coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components. Perform hydraulic calculations.
- Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
- Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
- Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew.
- Coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
- Follow all job site safety and protocol when performing field checks and attending on site meetings.
- Education: High School
- Minimum Experience: 5+ years Fire Protection Design experience
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MSOffice, SprinkCAD, and a hydraulic calculation program.
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards and NICET II certification for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.