What you will do
Learn/Assist in the installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
How you will do it
As an Apprentice you will assist Journey persons in the installation of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems. You will maintain proper documentation for work performed and must adhere to company safety policies and procedures. In this position you will follow verbal and written instructions; carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs, and be capable of performing physical labor; perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment; maintain a clean and safe work area. You will have a positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly. You will also be enrolled in SimplexGrinnell's approved Apprenticeship Program, maintaining all requirements of the Apprenticeship Standards. What we look for
Who we are
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License, and a dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted
- Ability to work well with others
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.