What you will do
Perform installation, service, repair, and day work of fire sprinkler systems of all types, experience in dry systems is preferred.
How you will do it
What we look forRequired
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all debris associated with SimplexGrinnell work
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities
- Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss
- Complete and submit time reports and safety documents as required
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer service/installation requirements
- Perform other duties as directed
- 1-3 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems.
- Sprinkler state 2B license required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. as well as the ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Experience in dry systems is preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation
during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.