What you will do
Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Perform routine inspections, testing, and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines, as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line.
- Learn to complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy.
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer.
- Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years documented experience in sprinkler systems.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Experience with wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam systems.
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including on-call rotation, nights, and weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Repair experience.
- Backflow certification.
- NICET certification.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .