What you will do
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. How you will do it
What we look for Required:
- Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy.
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer.
- Make minor repairs and programming changes to systems being inspected.
- Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
- Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years documented experience in sprinkler systems.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification in water based sprinkler systems required.
- Texas State RMEI License required.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler).
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .