Sprinkler Installer Foreman - Travel Crew - Northwest Area What you will do
Fire Sprinkler Installation Foremen ( Grinnell Fire Protection Solutions) are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems; as well as fire pumps and backflow devices. Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures and maintain proper documentation for all work performed. Anticipates problems and recognizes when to deviate from standard practices. Brings all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that may impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager responsible for the location where your project is located. May work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Emphasis is on manual skills, ability to lead others and critical jobsite decision making skills.
This particular foreman role is known as a traveling foreman which will require travel up to 8 hours away from your primary residence or work location. We are considering our Travel Foremen the best of the best in the sprinkler installation role. The intent is to keep crews in close enough proximity to their residence to travel home for the weekends depending on the project requirements; however due to potential project needs this may not always be achievable. Locations may also include
Salt Lake City, UT What we look for
Who we are
- At least 5 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must be able to read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to research code requirements.
- Ability to proctor, coach and teach an apprentice working thru the AFSA apprenticeship program to Grinnell standards
- Full time travel/remote working position, often away Monday through Friday with effort to have you home on the weekends.
- During times when travel is not necessary candidates will work within in the district they reside or close to that area.
- Travel may be up to eight (8) hours from home base.
- Expenses all covered by company (e.g., hotel, food).
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.