What you will do:
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Service Technicians to ensure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application.
- Installation or Service Experience on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems
- Read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain proper documentation for work performed
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions; such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
Who we are:
- 4 plus years of installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories.
- Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Ability to work flexible hours including night shift and/or weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to participate in an on call rotation schedule.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.