Sprinkler Installer What you will do
Fire Sprinkler Installation employees are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems; as well as fire pumps and backflow devices. Installer III and IV employees are also responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery, accurately forecasting installation hours, anticipating potential challenges and properly securing all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- May allocate work as a team leader, bringing all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager.
- Frequently resolves problems through the research of multiple alternatives.
- Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
- May be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background.
- Sprinkler Foreman experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
- OSHA/MSHA/NICET Certifications
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.