Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
We are currently looking to hire a Sprinkler Foreman in Mobile, AL .
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. Requirements/Responsibilities
Job Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Supervise the installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application.
- Maintain proper documentation for work performed
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions; such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements w& ill be required to participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner & maintain a clean and safe work area
- Installation or Service Experience on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems.
- Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor
- Excellent communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record
- Ability to work well with others
Tyco's mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
Rewards and benefits: We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- 80% of the world's top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100+ major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.