Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Sprinkler Install Delivery Person - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
- Assist Sprinkler Supervisor and Project Managers with the delivery & pickup of fire sprinkler pipe, tools and material and delivering it to jobs sites throughout Nassau & Suffolk Counties.
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds
- Responsible for organizing the sprinkler pipe, tools & material in the warehouse.
- Maintain a clear and safe work area in the warehouse and delivery truck
- Must be able to work alternate shifts, start times, or weekends to meet customer requirements.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we are looking for:
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be physically fit to perform the work of lifting and moving material.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and the ability to follow through
- Punctual and Accountable
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.