SimplexGrinnell, at Johnson Controls, is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States and Canada, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital - from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Sprinkler Solutions Sales Rep in our Menomonee Falls, WI office.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include professionally representing the company, estimating and quoting Fire Sprinkler Systems for Commercial, Institutional and Industrial facilities, and the ability to build new business associations/relationships and grow the Sprinkler Service business by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers.
- Will establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Must develop and maintain relationships with major customers and contractors with the prime objective of negotiating and closing of quality orders.
- Willingness to learn & apply proven sales principles and practices.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- 2+ years Sales experience in Sprinkler system sales or a similar field.
- Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
- Familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows and Oracle systems.
- Possess a Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability & willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
SimplexGrinnell offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.