What you will do
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Sprinkler Systems Sales Representative to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company, estimating and quoting Fire Sprinkler Systems for Commercial, Institutional and Industrial facilities, and the ability to build new business associations/relationships and grow the Sprinkler Service business by developing a positive ongoing relationship with customers. How you will do it
What we look for
- Will establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Must develop and maintain relationships with major customers and contractors with the prime objective of negotiating and closing of quality orders.
- Willingness to learn & apply proven sales principles and practices.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- 2+ years Sales experience in Sprinkler system sales or a similar field.
- Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
- Familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Windows and Oracle systems.
- Possess a Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability & willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .