Sprinkler Systems Sales Rep - SimplexGrinnell
Selling, Estimating and quoting Fire Sprinkler Systems for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities. Must develop and maintain relationships with major customers and contractors with the prime objective of negotiating and closing of quality orders.
-Ability to build viable business relationships both internally & externally.
-Willingness to lear & apply proven sales principles and practices.
-Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of new construction and service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
-Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
-Must be familiar with reading blueprints, understanding current NFPA 13 standards and local codes.
-Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers, general contractors and end users.
-Ability to build new business associations/relationships.Job Qualifications:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
- Must have 2 years Sales experience in the Sprinkler Systems industry or a similar industry preferred.
- Must have experience selling to General Contractors
- Some experience estimating/designing projects
- Previous sprinkler design experience, including estimating and performing hydraulic calculations preferred.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical knowledge of sprinkler systems preferred.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Window / Office 2007.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Ability & willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others.
Only candidates with Sprinkler Sales industry experience will be considered for this position.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.