Fire Sprinkler Service Technician What you will do
• Perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications. These include but are not limited to wet (steel, copper and CPVC), dry, pre-action, deluge and fire pumps.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Electronically complete Service Acknowledgements
• Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
• Perform other duties as assigned. What we look for Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression industry.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Lead Installer, Lead Programmer, or similar level of experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to participate in an on call rotation schedule, and overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
Who we are
- NICET and Backflow is a plus
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.