Sprinkler Technician What you will do:
• Service and troubleshoot water/dry/ pre-action systems/fire pumps-based fire sprinkler systems, including repair and internal inspections.
• Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand complex construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
• Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or more.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
• Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
• Have computer skills.
• Complete and submit time reports and other documents as required.
• Bring to the immediate attention of the supervisor all changes, discrepancies and coordination problems that impair installation activities or schedules.
• Working alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer service on call requirements is required.
• Work with local authorities to schedule and perform required inspections.
• Perform other duties as directed. What we look for:
Who we are
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of wet, dry and pre-action sprinkler systems, and fire pump systems a must.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand complex construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
- NICET is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the industry.
- SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, and matching 401(K) plan. The Company does not pay relocation expenses.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.