Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
This position will lead development of projects within the Application Development/Systems Integration team of the Point of Sale (POS) organization. This team serves a key role in developing systems and processes to manage data within POS as well as integrating POS with various enterprise applications. This individual will be responsible for establishing process around SDLC, Project Management, and Application Governance practices to ensure consistent quality and timely delivery of all technical solutions.
Experience with application and SQL development methodologies and enterprise system/data integration patterns is required. Excellent communication skills, project management, problem solving, customer and client relationship management skills as well as vendor management are critical to this role.
Reporting to the Director of POS Data Management, the IT Project Lead will be accountable for Application Development processes and technical support. She/he will work closely with Business Liaisons, Project Managers, and Corporate Infrastructure & Security groups. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Join a team of SQL and application developers that provide technical, application development and support for the POS Data Management team.
- Works hands-on to develop new or enhance existing web or database applications.
- Evaluate scope and project estimation, and required funding for development efforts.
- Establish SDLC, Project Management, and Application Governance practices to ensure consistent quality and timely delivery of all technical solutions.
- Ensures common architecture and enterprise standards are embedded into all systems.
- Provide leadership and accountability to all commitments made by Aramark and drive to exceed all client expectations.
- Maintain close working relationship with business leaders and IT peers across the ARAMARK operating portfolio.
Position reports to the Director of POS Data Management. The incumbent works under minimal supervision and exercises considerable independent judgment in offering problem resolution from simple to complex. Interfaces with all client levels from staff to management including Aramark, clients and external vendors.
- BS degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related.
- Post-bachelor's degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of extensive SQL or Object-Oriented application development experience with proven experience implementing numerous technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycles and project management.
- Hands-on experience developing integrations between disparate systems utilizing multiple methods
- Clear understanding of web services approach including protocols such as REST and SOAP
- Must possess strong communication and complex problem solving skills.
- Experience implementing or maintaining applications utilizing an ESB solution preferred
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.