Eaton’s Corporate IT Function is seeking an IT SQL Server Data Base Administrator (DBA). The SQL Server DBA will be based at our location in Beachwood, OH.
The SQL Server DBA will design, develop and support technical solutions to meet requirements through standard IT processes and will encompass multiple aspects of (or medium depth within) a given technical area.Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Use technical SQL Server DBA skills for estimating project effort and completing project work.
- Work with customers and vendors to understand application purpose and setup to help assess optimal options for SQL server installations, upgrades and/or moves.
- Ability to collaborate, build and maintain relationships with multiple technical groups.
- Stay current on SQL Server and Eaton data center technology directions and capabilities to provide input to Eaton SQL Server process and team improvements.
- Assist with implementing SQL Server environment improvements.
- Update and promote established database and application administration processes while keeping relevant documentation up to date.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Requirement analysis
- Task estimation in effort hours
- System administration
- Creating technical documentation
- Warranty support
- Requirement translation
- Solution design
- Task estimation in effort hours
- Review and limited update of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Interfaces to other systems
- Providing training to support DBA team as needed
- Responsible for technical delivery of assigned projects
- Technical mentoring of junior DBA's
- Minimum 2 years IT experience
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Beachwood, OH will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline in Management Information Systems / Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering / or Equivalent Technical Area
- Demonstrates a good understanding of all aspects of multi-instance SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2012 database architecture, administration, patching, backups, restores, installation and configuration.
- Familiar with programming concepts and methods and strong desire to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience in understanding technical application architectures leading to appropriate SQL Server environment sizing,
- Demonstrated ability to do more complex instance and Structured Query Language (SQL) tuning.
- Ability to read and modify Structured Query Language (SQL), database triggers, stored procedures.
- Understanding of basic instance and Structured Query Language (SQL) tuning.
- Ability to solve problems, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to peers, customers and management.
- Ability to work independently, set own priorities, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations and maintain schedules.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Good customer focus with the ability to meet or exceed customer service levels.
- Ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against business needs and choose the most effective solution, given technical merits, cost considerations, and manageability.
- Familiar with virtualization concepts, especially in VMWare
- Working knowledge of the Windows environment and tools such as managing shares, managing local services, cluster manager and ODBC/JDBC.
- Experience with modifying and creating SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Experience managing SQL Server databases in a VMWare environment
- Familiarity with Symantec NetBackup or equivalent backup environments.
- Familiarity with Storage Area Network (SAN) environment concepts
- Familiar with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) concepts
- Experience with SQL Server In Memory usage
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.