Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.Key Responsibilities
- Analyzes business requirements, converts requirements to functional and technical specifications, and designs cross functional solutions to meet complex business requirements. Participated in new technology evaluations
- Perform and document software application configuration and/or coding, prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions using standard tools and following established processes and guidelines. May supervise work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance
- Monitors specific IT systems or set of systems for availability, performance and capabilities and reports anomalies through predefined process. Participate in evaluation and recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades and new systems.
- Provides and/or oversees support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Completes root cause analysis of outages or incident trends (often working with managed services partner). Recommends preventative actions
- Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
- Mentors and trains team members in product functionality, development and testing guidelines, tools, and methodologies
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Review SQL SOX control testing with GIA and implement process
- Implement SQL Always-On using AMAT standard
- Implement AMAT SQL DB review process
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- 8 years SQL Server experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.