TEKsystems is looking for a CLEARED SQL Server DBA to join a government customer of ours!
The Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) provides guidance to ensure all team requirements are successful and workload is efficiently balanced. Maintain database servers in a high available, multi production server environment. Day to day job responsibilities includes performance monitoring, & tuning, deployment, installation, service pack updated, database backup & recovery. DBA also supports the development team on SQL coding best practices, query optimization and setting up the development environment. Installing the SQL Server database instances in all environments including but not limited to development, QA and Production -Supporting the SQL Server databases and ensuring their performance, availability, security and recoverability. Pro-actively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime. Performing database monitoring and working with development teams throughout the project lifecycle on recommendations on database index optimization and SQL query design. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team. Responsible for security and non-security patches based on approved maintenance schedules The SQL Server DBA provides engineering and O&M support of a large scale enterprise environment.
- Act as a lead administrator working with team members to ensure all requirements are delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner
- Provide technical support for the day-to-day SQL Server activities of the organization
- Provide technical Support for chartered Projects, e.g. Security Remediation, Disaster Recovery
- Coordinate changes to SQL Server (versions 2008 and 2012) and SQL Server Service Packs and Hotfixes
- Implement database changes to improve performance and security
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard databases
- Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues
- Configure and monitor interfaces with other systems
- Configure and maintain system databases, user databases and server instances
- Configure and maintain schema, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes
- Configure and manage system and database user IDs and group permissions
- Configure and manage database backups and recoveries
- Efficient at T-SQL and Batch scripting
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
- Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure
- Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner.
Responsibilities: The SQL Server Database Administrator is a lead role responsible for providing technical support for the day-to-day SQL Server activities of the organization. Also, providing technical Support for chartered Projects, e.g. Security Remediation, Disaster Recovery The SQL Server Database Administrator shall also be responsible for team and project leadership, as needed.
The SQL Server DBA has a minimum of five years experience in configuration, security, failover, and optimization of databases. Ideal candidate is also be a quick learner; must be able to adapt to quickly evolving technology and priority changes; and have a desire to work closely with other members of the Systems, Data Management, Operations and Development teams.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.