Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Senior Account Executive will report to the Head of the Global Merchant Client Group. This individual will retain overall responsibility for developing and growing global relationships with selected merchants in North America & Europe. Individual responsibilities will include:
- Defining merchant scope. Creating and maintaining a framework for selecting merchants whose relationships should be managed by the GMCG team. This framework should be developed in partnership with internal partners who may already contribute to merchant relationship management (eg, cobrand, product teams)
- Driving positive merchant outcomes. Consultatively identifying and prioritizing merchant needs and crafting customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (eg, merchant business growth, Visa growth) and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services (as measured by Net Promoter Score)
- Optimize merchant investments. Identify merchant opportunities that will jointly benefit merchants and Visa, develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding, track performance/return of invested funds, and use learnings to inform future investments
- Build and develop client management team. Recruit and train a high-performing team that has a deep understanding of its merchants and industries, delivers against Visa and client objectives,
and drives merchant satisfaction.
- Establishing strong internal partnerships. Establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions.
Collaboratively define responsibilities for various merchant outcomes with internal partners. Articulate
merchant needs and influence product/capability road maps by leveraging merchant feedback
The successful candidate will have proven general management experience, managing senior client relationships over multiple years and leading high-performing teams and delivering against client and internal goals. Qualifications include:
- Strong external sales/business development background, with product and / or marketing experience and abilities, preferably with large merchant clients
- Strong commercial mindset, with budget and/or P&L experience required
- Demonstrated ability to identify/source talent and build high-performing teams
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with Executive level client and internal constituents
- Ability to communicate complex technical/financial concepts with subject-matter experts and convey those concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to manage internal and external resources and cross-functional teams
- Prior experience working with or for merchants and issuers; digital/mobile payment and/or loyalty experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors or Graduate level degree preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.