Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Sr. Account Executive, Visa USA Sales, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex US Financial Institution's payments business with a primary focus on innovation and digital strategies. This position is responsible for increasing Visa alignment, engagement and revenue from client(s) by generating and capitalizing strategic opportunities. The Account Executive owns the full process of implementing those opportunities from idea generation, client collaboration, selling the idea through co-creation, development, project management and post implementation support. The position will work closely with internal and external partners and will ensure continued value added to, and excellent relationships with, the client across technology and all payments lines of business. Role may include additional functional coverage areas TBD.
- Act as Visa innovation consultant to top tier U.S. issuer senior management, providing ongoing strategic market insights, overviews of Visa product development, strategic partnerships
and new and emerging growth initiatives.
- Develop and execute customized account plans and manage joint innovation "roadmap" to
increase engagement, revenue and market share with the client.
- Identify strategic innovation and development opportunities through a strong
understanding of the customer's business including payment strategies across
all product platforms (credit, debit, commercial, etc.).
- Influence the client's vision for the future of electronic payments, consistent with Visa's
- Implement these strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management
working with internal and client teams.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship
and direction of the business.
- Expand relationships through the selling and implementation of Visa products and services.
- Manage use of contractual investment funding and development hours to bring value to both the client and Visa.
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new
and creative approaches that ensures that the client's and Visa's business objectives are met.
- Work with cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Innovation, Strategic Partnerships, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Coordinate regular joint executive meetings to review innovation strategies, technologies
and strategic partnership opportunities to continuously build the joint development "roadmap".
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships
- A minimum of 10+ years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry and a focus on technology innovation.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred
- Deep expertise in electronic payments and emerging payment trends.
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex sales efforts and ability to project manage technical implementations.
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective
relationships with all levels including executive management.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills, and a proven track record of creating
solutions that increase revenue.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements.
- Consulting experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.