When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be. About this role:
As a Sr Accountant you will perform monthly and year end closing process for Gartner World Wide which consists of account reconciliations, posting journal entries, reporting & analysis. What you’ll do:
- Maintain & prepare schedules tracking various costs, projects to support monthly journal entries and ensure accurate account balances each month
- Reconcile various worldwide Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and implement solutions to improve process
- Drive and support continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes
- Understand multiple internal areas including Client Financial Services (booking and billing of contracts – [sales support] process & system, accounts payable process, accounts receivable process, basic product structure and company initiatives in order to investigate and resolve issues raised or identified.
- Review processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency/accuracy and implement solutions.
- Prepare analysis & reports for management, other Finance Departments and Business Units for use in making timely, fact-based business decisions
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Keep accounting management abreast of current activities within areas of responsibility.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What you’ll need:
What we offer:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 4-7 years accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Excellent ability to collect information from many varied sources and ensure its accuracy.
- Excellent ability to work independently with various accounting, finance and treasury personnel.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent ability to understand business processes
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner;
- Strong ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and requirements;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & Effective listening skills
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com
to learn more.
Job ID 00016832