North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction, administers the general accounting and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital, in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Completes all assigned Journal Entries per time schedule for the hospital and joint ventures.
- Prepares statistical reporting for the hospital and joint ventures.
- Reviews the assigned sections of FS trial balance for accuracy
- Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts on a timely basis.
- Assists with preparation of annual Medicare Cost report work papers
- Prepares assigned year-end and interim work papers
- Assist in annual budget process, preparing schedules and researching accounts
- Prepares budgets for assigned joint ventures.
- Supports Controller and CFO with any special assignments
- Maintains all accounting functions for assigned joint ventures.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Prefer 2 years experience in health care accounting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, customer service and health care management. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom