Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Description
The SEC Accountant (Senior External Reporting Analyst) is a member of the External Reporting team, a highly effective and motivated team that delivers the following results to the organization:
- Driving the external reporting process for 10-Ks and 10-Qs
- Research, implementation and education for new accounting and SEC pronouncements
- Business consulting through researching and guiding businesses on accounting issues
- Continuously improving the external reporting processes to gain efficiency and effectiveness
- Supporting senior management, investor relations, treasury, legal, corporate strategy & financial planning, compensation & benefits and external auditors
- Accounting for complex topics such as derivatives, equity (including stock compensation), foreign currency and pensions
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Company's proxy statements
- Preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and consolidated financial statements
The position reports to: External Reporting Leader
Span of control: Individual contributorResponsibilities
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Adhere to the Owens Corning safety policies at all times
- Ownership of the accounting for assigned technical areas
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Monitor the regulatory environment for new and changing accounting standards and interpretations.
- Exemplify the team's focus on continuous improvement by identifying and implementing process enhancements.
- Completion of assigned footnotes and external reporting processes
- Compile appropriate supporting documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy and fairness of disclosures.
- Monitor the regulatory environment for new and changing disclosure requirements.
- Complete the XBRL tagging process for published external reporting documents.
- Lead the quarterly process for SEC filings
- Coordinate timing and communication of all tasks and events for SEC filing to OC personnel.
- Work with external auditors to communicate significant accounting issues and to coordinate review and sign off on SEC document at quarter ends.
- Lead discussion on significant accounting issues with Disclosure Committee.
- Coordinate completion and review of all footnote disclosures and final document for filing and obtain the appropriate signatures.
- Act as the administrator of the Company's external reporting software, Workiva
- Ensure appropriate access is granted to Workiva users, and provide training to new users.
- Work with Workiva and users to optimize our usage of the software's functionality
- Further develop working relationships with other departments
- Team with various OC departments to achieve common goals.
- Provide insight and advice to various OC departments for the assigned technical areas.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5 - 7 years related experience (public accounting experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (MBA preferred)
- CPA required
- Accounting research skills and knowledge
- Exposure to SEC filing and XBRL a plus
About Owens Corning
- Strong communication skills - both interpersonal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Thrives in a teaming environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast-paced work environment
- Aspiration to grow within the company
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.