Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
This role sits in Visa's North America Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting of all North America and Corporate Accounting activities within Visa. The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance. This role will report to Sr. Director in Foster
City. Strong accountant responsible for analyzing, interpreting and accounting for financial transactions aligned with the business functions we support. Ownership of related components of the consolidated Balance Sheet and Income Statement, including month-end close activities such as review and accounting for accruals and prepayments, account reconciliations, and analytical review of account activity. As finance liaison to key business stakeholders, effectively communicates with various levels of management, including delivery of training on relevant U.S. GAAP accounting principles, and helping the business understand and resolve operational impacts, such as properly reviewing purchase orders, receiving and accruals. Experience with Oracle R12 a plus. Ability to successfully lead or actively contribute to cross-functional
projects. Proficient in internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley to ensure compliance in functional areas in support of external and internal audits.
Utilize U.S. GAAP principles while providing support to key business stakeholders. Relevant U.S. GAAP knowledge required include the application of accrual-basis accounting for revenue and expenses. Analysis of reporting revenues gross vs. net, and capitalization of internally-developed software a plus
- Experience with month end close and reporting activities, including detailed variance analysis of client contract positions across multiple accounts on balance sheet and income statement
- Experience with Oracle R12 including testing and remediation during
- Actively participated in cross-functional projects including planning and execution
- Provide finance support to key stakeholders including training on key accounting principles and key operational impacts, including review of business function purchase orders and ensuring proper receiving and accrual
- Proficiency in internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley to ensure compliance with external and
- Effectively communicates, with demonstrated ability to be a thought-partner and change agent
- B.S. in Accounting or related field, CPA, and at least five to seven years of progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in a publicly-traded company and/or with a public accounting
- Strong accounting, quantitative and analytical skills and ability to accurately apply key accounting principles to various different business situations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required
- Proficient with Oracle or similar enterprise accounting system
- Background with continuous improvement methodologies, driving increases in efficiency / effectiveness
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, possess good organizational, communication, and analytical skills, able to work independently, and be extremely flexible
- Welcomes challenging/complex projects and demonstrates an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes he/she contributes to
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and managers collaboratively and effectively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.