Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company with 2016 sales of $11 billion, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide . The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases , and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace , chemicals , food and beverage , electronics , energy , healthcare , manufacturing, primary metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com
Praxair is looking to expand its tax team. We currently have an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Tax Accountant – Sales & Use Tax to join our talented tax team in Danbury, CT. Our team is made up of over 19 tax professionals who bring a wealth of tax knowledge, experience and exuberance to everything we do. We work together with Treasury, Corporate Accounting and other Praxair business groups. We are dedicated to minimizing time spent processing tax filings and enhancing the professional growth of our team members. This position presents the opportunity to initiate change to sales and use tax processes, implement best practices and interact with the business. The role offers the potential for growth and advancement. Senior Tax Accountant – Sales & Use Tax Position Summary:
This position is heavily focused on the research and analysis of State Sales and Use tax audit issues and projects for the three different business units and will interact with auditors and government officials. Review monthly use tax purchase reports for accuracy. Provide guidance of tax implications to business personnel. Provide documentation to service provider for sales and use tax return filings. Additional Responsibilities:
- Perform all steps related to sales and use tax audits such as data retrieval, search for appropriate documentation to substantiate questioned or exempted transactions, interact with state/ local auditors and document audit results.
- Evaluate audit findings and recommend necessary process or system changes needed based on audit results.
- Review monthly use tax accruals.
- Provide guidance to manufacturing, distribution, and retail business segments on various sales and use tax matters.
- Perform tax accounting and reconcile monthly tax liability accounts.
- Research and interpret state regulations and apply the rules to Praxair sales and purchases tax transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (Advanced degree is a plus)
- 4 to 6 years' of Tax experience required with 2-3 years' of Sales & Use Tax experience strongly preferred
- Experience in sales and use tax compliance and audits
- Strong Excel skills
- Tax research skills (prior experience with Vertex Q Series tax software and knowledge of JD Edwards (ERP) software is a plus)
- A hands-on approach to understanding how reports work and the desire and ability to identify and implement improvements to our existing processes
- The ability to take ownership as well as the timely follow through of assignments is critical
- Ability to train and mentor interns
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.