Sr. Accounting Associate, Home Loan Accounting
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
The role resides in the Global Finance Financial Services Agile team, which is a cross-functional team responsible for the delivery on corporate initiatives within Capital One's Financial Services (Home Loans and Auto) lines of business. Key responsibilities include partnering with various Global Finance stakeholders to understand their requirements and determining how to deliver on those requirements under the Agile methodology.
- Serve as Financial Services Accounting point of contact and own various of projects in pipeline from the development phase through delivery and stabilization for Financial Services Accounting.
- Lead and assist in the development, testing and implementation of project requirements.
- Review teams progress and issues during projects with providing guidance and support to ensure timely delivery.
- Collaborate with several teams across the organization on various corporate initiatives.
- Facilitate the consistent use of the Agile methodology for delivering projects.
- Present results, findings, risks and recommendations to Pod leadership and Global Finance stakeholder.
- Contribute to Process Improvement through project development and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of accounting, or at least 1 year of finance, or at least 1 year of audit experience
- At least 1 year of experience in banking or at least 1 year of reconciliation experience
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with general financial system knowledge
- 2+years of accounting or 2+ years of finance experience or 2+ years of audit experience
- 2+ years of experience in banking or 2+ years of experience in reconciliation
- CPA certification
- 1+ years of PeopleSoft General Ledger, Excel and MS Office.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.