As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting is a key leadership position within the Corporate Controller's organization, responsible for the application of revenue accounting standard to ensure compliance with both U.S. GAAP and IFRS. This position is a subject matter expert in revenue accounting who will work closely with key business partners, members of Accounting, Financial Reporting, and the broader Finance organization in supporting T-Mobile business initiatives and determining the accounting treatment. This is a highly visible and impactful individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with key stakeholders, contribute in bringing transparency into revenue accounting and establishing processes and controls around business activities impacting revenue accounting.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in technical GAAP research, interpretation, documentation and communication; similar IFRS experience a plus. Mix of public and private accounting preferred, with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting
- Significant experience in resolving complex revenue recognition
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard (ASC 605/606) and research skills; similar IFRS skills a plus
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to translate accounting treatment into accounting entries and financial metrics
- Ability to communicate and advocate accounting positions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to appropriately prioritize and manage several diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Wireless or retail industry experience preferred
- Researching, resolving and documenting accounting treatment related to marketing, advertising, business partnership and promotional activities that is both U.S. GAAP and IFRS compliant and consistent with T-Mobile's and its parent company's revenue accounting policies
- Working with business partners, finance, tax and accounting operations teams as appropriate to review marketing offers/concepts, draft and final contracts for proper accounting treatment and communicating issues and suggestions to achieve desired treatment considering system capabilities and reporting
- Providing accounting impact analysis to key stakeholders, including business product owners, finance and accounting teams
- Liaising with Accounting Policy teams and external auditor on complex revenue recognition matters driving for consistent accounting application
- Establishing and maintaining process and controls around business activities and changes impacting revenue accounting that are meeting SOX requirements.
- Maintaining repository of accounting documentation to ensure SOX compliance
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.